For Ladies Only - How To Fight Pms And Win!
PMS – it’s a killer or can be. I personally suffer from many PMS Symptoms and have found that the YOGALEAN program provides a way to mitigate many of them.
Let’s look at a few PMS Symptoms and I will give you my YOGALEAN cure.
According to the Mayo Clinic:
“The list of potential signs and symptoms for premenstrual syndrome is long, but most women only experience a few of these problems.
Emotional and behavioral symptoms
- Tension or anxiety
- Depressed mood
- Crying spells
- Mood swings and irritability or anger
- Appetite changes and food cravings
- Trouble falling asleep (insomnia)
- Social withdrawal
- Poor concentration
Physical signs and symptoms
- Joint or muscle pain
- Weight gain related to fluid retention
- Abdominal bloating
- Breast tenderness
- Acne flare-ups
- Constipation or diarrhea
For some, the physical pain and emotional stress are severe enough to affect their daily lives. Regardless of symptom severity, the signs and symptoms generally disappear within four days of the start of the menstrual period for most women. Although if our appetites and moods get out of control for the two weeks prior to our menstrual cycles, we can easily gain up to 8 pounds and over time this can lead to extra weight that does not go away.
Many women with premenstrual syndrome also have disabling symptoms every month. This form of PMS is called premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD).
PMDD signs and symptoms include depression, mood swings, anger, anxiety, feeling overwhelmed, difficulty concentrating, irritability and tension. PMS can wreak havoc on your life, your body and your relationships.
By implementing some conscious changes, you will feel and act better.
Let’s look at some of my YOGALEAN cures for PMS:
1. Journaling – Keep track of your cycle so you know when it’s coming – warn the people closest to you (your spouse or partner )
2. For one month chart your eating, mood, alcohol intake, shopping habits, fights with your partner, challenges at work, good days, challenges days- keep a journal of your BODY MIND and Spirit
3. Two weeks prior to your cycle:
*Start to eliminate caffeine or at least regular coffee – this will cut down on sugar cravings, insulin spikes, mood disorders and irritability.
*Ramp up on your vitamins – especially B and Mood formulas – I like Sunny Mood by Irwin Naturals.
*Commit to exercise at least 30 minutes a day – weight training is preferred * Weight training helps balance your hormones and puts you in a great mood, it also provides an outlet for your aggression.
* Practice at least 20 minutes of yoga a day esp inversions for mood and hormone regularity.
4. Ten days prior to your cycle –
· Take EXTRA B Vitamins, consider Vitamin B shots
· Consider taking 5 HTP
* Take Magnesium to relax your muscles and improve digestive function.
* Do a guided meditation every day – there are many nice ones including the LOVE YOUR BODY Meditation I have available on iTunes
* Make sure Eat at regular intervals
* Increase your consumption of healthy greens
5. One WEEK Prior to your Cycle:
* Meditate twice a day one guided and one mantra
* Take a few long walks in the fresh air (yes even if its cold out)
I like to take my dog on long walks though the city
* Eat more complex healthy carbs
* Give in to your appetite – if you have sugar cravings just do it
* Meditate twice a day
* Practice Mindfulness - notice if your mood is fluctuating.
* Clean house – donate and organize
Using the YogaLean “wheel of health “ Exercise, yoga, meditation, clean eating, journaling, supplementation, space clearing and gratitude exercises you will remain PMS free and everyone around you will benefit !